“Did you know that 10 minutes of exercises on Whole Body Vibration trainer is equal to 30-40 minutes of weight training? This makes Whole Body Vibration exercise programs ideal for busy people who desire to keep active but do not have enough time.”
The Whole Body Vibration exercise programs are based on 30 years of research. Whole Body Vibration (WBV) was initially used in Europe in late 1800’s for exercise and therapeutic purposes. WBV has been used to treat bone and lean muscle mass loss in astronomers who spend considerable time in space.
The WBV trainer is an oscillating platform with a frequency on 5 to 50 Hz. The WBV trainer induces vibration that transmits through muscles bone and soft tissues. Each muscle in order to do its job of holding specific postures has to overcome the vibration first and then hold the position. Research shows to do this 95% of the muscle fibers have to fire. In addition, since the vibration transmits through the whole body there is no escape for all other muscles, bones and soft tissues of the body from the effect of vibration. Therefore, as a natural response they are all activated. This activation counts for overall increased metabolism and increase overall strength, power, endurance, decrease body fat, increase bone density, Growth Hormones (fountain of youth, elixir of life), testosterone (increase energy and reproduction), Serotonin and Dopamine (Happy Hormones), blood circulation (increase healing and metabolism), lymphatic drainage (removal of toxins and rejuvenating tissues) and neuromuscular enhancement (increase strength and power).
This overall activation of all tissues counts for the fact that 10 minutes of exercises on WBV trainer is equal to 30-40 minutes of weight training. This makes Whole Body Vibration Exercise programs ideal for busy people who desire to keep active but do not have enough time. At Full Potential Academy we guarantee full body training, showered and out in less than 30 minutes.
WBV has been also used in athletic population extensively starting in Russia, Europe and now here in North America. Research indicates the same results have observed in Athletes as well as lay person. Competitive Athletes will gain the edge that they need to win in strength, power, endurance and overall performance participating in our WBV programs developed by our Sports Specialist.
Falls are one of the most common causes of injury and death in elderly. Falls in elderly are usually as a result of decrease strength, balance and bone density. WBV program with its soft nature exercise, enhancing balance, hormones and bone density, is the perfect exercise for elderly who desire to increase their strength, balance, bone density and overall wellness. WBV is the only exercise shown recently to increase bone density in post-menopausal women 60-70 years old.
Specific WBV programs are designed by our Sports Specialist to help you achieve your goals, from increasing your bone density, losing weight, strengthening your core to specifically focusing and strengthening your upper or lower limbs.
Benefits of Whole Body Vibration Programs
- Increasing muscular strength
- Enhancing muscle flexibility
- Improving muscle elasticity
- Expediting recovery of muscle fatigue
- Relieving muscle pain
Joint, tendons, connective tissue
- Increasing muscle flexibility
- Decreasing adhesions
- Improving blood circulation
- Enhancing metabolism
- Reducing edema with muscle pump increase
- Increasing growth hormones also known as youth hormones
- Increasing productivity of Testosterone hormones
- Reducing newly forming cortisol hormones also known as inflammatory hormones
- Increasing serotonin hormones and neurotophine so called happy hormones
- Improving sensitivity of nervous system
- Accelerating drainage to lymph and vessels with increased blood circulation
- Reducing cellulite
- Improving skin quality with increased muscle strength and collagen
- Preventing and healing osteoporosis
- Helping recovery of cartilaginous tissue
- Burning fat to reduce body fat
- Stimulating abdominal muscles and helping metabolism to reduce fat in abs area
Whole Body Vibration Exercise (WBV) are based on holding a specific position on the vibrating plate for a specific duration of time. Each position described in this book is designed to specifically target certain muscles. However, other parts and muscles of the body are not exempted from getting stimulated by vibration and will be stimulated in lesser degrees.
In general, one would start with easier positions and work towards the harder and more challenging ones. The progression of holding each position would from short 10 second and working towards holding to maximum duration. When maximum hold time has been obtained, one can decrease the rest time between each exercise to increase the intensity of the programs.
- Hold specific position for specific muscles.
- Start from easy position and work towards more challenging ones.
- Start with holding a position for short time and work towards holding the position for full duration as recommended for each program.
- To further intensify each program once you reached the maximum hold time and felt comfortable, you can decrease the rest time between each exercise.
Beginners 1-11 Minutes
at 20- 40 HZ Frequency
This is an excerpt from the book “Vibration Plate Exercises” by Dr. Kazemi – Doctor of Chiropractic. The first complete book on vibration plate exercise programs. Step by step. Easy to follow.
Dr. Kazemi is a doctor of chiropractic that has been practising as a Toronto Chiropractor for over 20 years. He is a sports chiropractor providing chiropractic, acupuncture, sports medicine, rehabilitation, soft tissue therapy, and other chiropractic services. He has invented innovative chiropractic tools and educates practitioners with chiropractic seminars Toronto.
Leave a Reply